We’re thrilled to introduce the Gluroo WearOS watch app, putting essential diabetes data right on your wrist. Now, parents and caregivers can effortlessly monitor blood glucose levels, carbs on board, and insulin on board, all with a quick glance at their WearOS watch. It’s a game-changer, offering unparalleled convenience and peace of mind in the palm of your hand—or rather, on your wrist.
This app only provides complications that can be used in other watch faces. Gluroo for Wear OS does not provide a watch face itself. It is a derivative of the G-Watch Wear App developed by Juraj Antal and Frederik Wagner. (More information about the Apache License 2.0.) It has been modified to work directly with Gluroo, allowing it to receive data straight from Gluroo, rather than fetching CGM data from the network separately. This results in more reliable data on the watch and better battery life on the phone for Gluroo users who want to see their BGL on a WearOS watch.
Thank you to Juraj Antal for providing this incredible application to the greater diabetes community!
This blog post covers how to install the Gluroo WearOS app and configure it to your liking. Let’s get started!
This new watch app is specifically for Wear OS watches. It will not work on any other smart watch operating system. If you have a device that’s not listed below, though, don’t worry – we have another blog post that talks all about the other ways you can see your blood glucose levels on your watch: Using Gluroo to Get Blood Sugar Readings on Your Smartwatch.
The following list contains some of the most popular models of Wear OS watches that are supported by the Gluroo Wear OS app:
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 (and 6 Pro)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 (and 5 Pro)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Google Pixel Watch 2
- Google Pixel Watch 1
- Fossil Gen 6
- Fossil Gen 5
- Fossil Sport
- TicWatch Pro 3
- TicWatch E2
- TicWatch S2
You can find a full list of Wear OS watches here: List of Wear OS devices – Wikipedia
How to Use Gluroo on Your Wear OS Watch
- Download and install Gluroo on your phone – it’s totally free!
- Get your BGL readings in Gluroo by adding your Dexcom or Libre credentials in the “CGM” tab. If it says “connected” and your BGL readings start to appear in the top right of the app, you are good to go! For Libre users, check out our guide on setting up a Libre CGM: How to Use the Freestyle Libre 2 or 3 with Gluroo.
- On your Wear OS watch, navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Gluroo”, then tap to install the Gluroo app.
- Go back to your home screen, long press on it to customize it, then swipe to the right to select a new face.
- In the list of watch faces to add, you can pick from a handful of the default installed watch faces. In this case, I will select the “Big Info” watch face. NOTE: The Gluroo Wear OS app does not provide an entire new watch face. Instead, Gluroo provides “complications” that can be used to populate data (BGL, carbs, insulin, etc.) onto other watch faces.
- A screen may pop up asking if Gluroo can receive and show personal data. Scroll to the bottom and tap “allow”.
- With one of the watch faces selected, tap “customize”, then scroll to the page that lets you select the “complications”.
- Tap the main complication to replace it with a new one. Find Gluroo in the list of complications, then select either BGL, COB, or IOB depending on what you want to see.
- After you select, for example, the “BGL via Gluroo” complication, you may need to wait a few minutes. The next BGL reading that is received by Gluroo should populate on the watch, which could be up to 5 minutes from now. After that, you’re done! You should see something like this:
Now that you know how to set it up, you can try a different watch face and customize the complications to your liking!
Note that not all watch faces will support the Gluroo complications. “Big Info” and “Analog dashboard” are good options to explore.
With Gluroo on your wrist, you now have a powerful tool that transforms the way you access crucial information. From blood glucose levels to carbs and insulin on board, it’s all there at a glance. We believe in empowering you with the tools you need for confident and collaborative care. Embrace the future of diabetes management – explore Gluroo on WearOS today and experience the freedom of having vital data right where you need it.